Welcome to the 2020 LDR Virtual Christmas Charity Run. This year we have gone virtual, but we still have some great prizes that anyone can win.
Lincoln & District Runners support the Bridge Church Christmas Sacks Appeal every year. The charity donates gifts to struggling families over Christmas. Please help support by either donating a Christmas selection box, chocolates, sweets, toys etc. at one of our drop off points (please Email for details), or by making an online donation using the donation link shown further down. (you can choose any sum of money to donate).
We have provided a map of our traditional LDR Christmas XC route. Each lap is approximately a mile long. To be eligible for a mystery time prize you need to complete either 3 miles (3 laps) or 5 miles. As this is a virtual event you are free to choose your own route, and provided it is either 3 or 5 miles long, and is within the confines of the South Common, will be eligible for the mystery prizes.
This year we have an extra prize or two for the most creative Strava artist. The best festive routes, as judged by the LDR committee, will win.
- Virtual Run Dates: Wednesday 20th November 2020 - Sunday 13th December.
- Entry Fee: Christmas Selection Box or Donation to Christmas Sack Appeal.
- Gift: Please Email for drop off point locations for Gifts (only before December 5th).
- Donation: please visit http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/fund/christmassack2020 to donate online.
- Mystery Prizes: 3 random times will be selected for each distance (3 and 5 miles). The closest result to the times will win a prize.
- Strava Art Prizes: Top 3 festive Strava art, as judged by the LDR commitee, will win a prize.
- Entry Form: Please download, complete and email back the entry form
Click here to download the Entry Form
LDR XC Circuit
Festive Strava Art Example - this is my latest festive creation attempt (don't worry I'm ineligible for the prize)
Results and Rules
Email your runs, times, and strava art and we will put it all online.
The three mystery prizes per distance will cover a range of paces, i.e. a slowish, medium, and fast pace time. The times will only be known to me, and I'm not eligible for any of the prizes. Prize distances must be approximately 3 or 5 miles. If you run further, then just submit your 3 or 5 mile time please.
All mystery time and Strava art runs must take place within the confines of the South Common to be eligible for a prize.
For further information please contact the club via Email, or using the website Contacts Form.